After launching flagships one after another, Samsung is all set to release its much-anticipated and dazzling flagship smartphone named Samsung Galaxy S9 Active in Australia with pretty impressive features over its predecessor – Samsung Galaxy S8 Active and Samsung Galaxy S7 Active. We’re expecting Samsung Galaxy S9 Active to be making the rounds later this year. So, let’s just summarize everything we know so far.
The Samsung Galaxy S9 Active is rumoured to house a 5.8-inches display which is well-supported by 1440 x 2960 pixels resolution at 568 PPI pixel density for full HD experience. Software-wise, it’s expected to run on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system – either it’s upgradable to Android P 9.0 or not, it’s still a mystery. A whopping 4000mAh non-removable battery provides power to the device for work.
Without a doubt, it’s a mixture of high-end features and specifications. Talking about its sensors, Galaxy S9 Active is equipped with sensors i.e. Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass, Barometer, Heart Rate and SpO2 etc. in terms of performance, it’s just superb thanks to its 4GB of RAM which ensures dazzling performance without any lag. Switching between apps, playing graphics enriched games or working on multiple apps at one all are extremely smooth.
The brain behind Samsung Galaxy S9 Active is Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 or Exynos 9810 Chipset, whereas Adreno 630 GPU manages a graphical department pretty well. The device boasts a single 12MP rear camera and a single 8MP front-facing camera is placed on the front for a great selfie experience. What else? Let’s find out in our quick Samsung Galaxy S9 Active review. So, let’s keep going.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Active Release Date & Price
For now, we’re running short on words in terms of Samsung Galaxy S9 Active release date in Australia but we can make a pretty good guess.
A predecessor Galaxy S8 Active, which was released in early August that was roughly four months after Galaxy S8 made its mid-April debut. The similar story happened with Galaxy S7 Active.
The rumour mill’s been a bit quiet here. In order to guess its actual price, we’ll have to go with Samsung’s past behavior.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 Active landed at AU$1153 – an AU$135 premium over Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus. The Samsung Galaxy S9 Active price in Australia would likely take the same approach.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Active Specs
It’s undecided when will it be landed but we’ve listed down all rumoured Samsung Galaxy S9 Active Specifications. So, let’s have a look.
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Metal body
- Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 Chipset
- 5.8 inches Display
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Pixels Density: 568 PPI density
- 4GB Extended RAM
- 64 GB of Internal Storage
- Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Resolution: 1440 x 2960 pixels
- Camera: 12 MP (f/1.5-2.4, 26mm, 1/2.5)
- Camera: 8 MP, autofocus, [email protected], dual video call, Auto HDR (secondary)
- Dual LED, dual tone flash
- Features: Geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video, and 9MP image recording touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Yes, 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX
- v3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- Colors: Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Titanium Gray, Lilac Purple
- 4000mAh Powerful Capacity Battery (Non-Removable)
The Samsung Galaxy S9 Active is a power packed smartphone with fully-baked features such as a waterproof body ad quick charging support. It comes in a well-stylish body and is a sound performer. The camera quality is great, the display is sharp and battery backup is exquisite as well. The Samsung Galaxy S9 Active is worth buying. It has all the elements one would want from a top-tier brand.