The Motorola Moto G6 Plus is the biggest and most inspiring entry in Motorola’s budget-friendly smartphone lineup. As you can see its name “Plus” shows that it’s the larger of the three new Moto G 2018 range of phones. The display measures 5.9-inches from corner to corner, a smidge over 0.2-inches larger as compared to Moto G6 thanks to Moto G6 Plus rumours.
Rumours are also suggesting that Motorola Moto G6 Plus contains an advanced processor, a perfect dual camera and lots of RAM and a bigger battery. We run through every aspect and here is Motorola Moto G6 Plus review including its specifications, prices, and release date. So, let’s get started.
Motorola Moto G6 Plus Release Date
The Motorola Moto G6 Plus release date in Australia is hopeful to see in the first week of May 2018, but it is still yet to be confirmed, The Moto G6 Play is also expected to be launched in May 2018, whereas Motorola Moto E5 will start hitting shores in June 2018.
Motorola Moto G6 Plus Price
Just like its release date, Motorola Moto G6 Plus Price in Australia is also undecided, but it is expected to be around AU$350-$400 thanks to Moto G6 Plus rumours.
Motorola Moto G6 Plus Specs (Expected)
Here is all you need to know about Motorola Moto G6 Plus specifications and features. Have a look!
- Build: Front/back Glass, Aluminum Frame
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by) Splash resistant
- Dimensions: 160 x 75.5 x 8 mm (6.30 x 2.97 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 167 g (5.89 oz.)
- Display Size: 5.9 inches, IPS LCD
- Display Resolution: 1080 x 2160 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~ 409 PPI)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Operating System: Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM630 Snapdragon 630
- CPU: Octa-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 508
- RAM: 4/6GB
- ROM: 64/128GB (Expandable Up to 256GB via microSD Card)
- Rear Camera: Dual 12MP + 5MP
- Front Camera: 8MP
- Camera Features: Phase Detection Autofocus, Dual-LED Dual-Tone Flash, Face Detection, Panorama, Auto-HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 5mm Headphone Jack: Yes
- NFC: Yes
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth
- Sensors: Fingerprint (front-mounted), Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass
- Extras: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3200mAh battery (Fast battery charging 15W)
- Colours: Gold, Deep Indigo, and Nimbus
A brief Description of Motorola Moto G6 Plus Features
Talking about Motorola Moto X5 design, 3D glass rear, the splash-resistant coating used in production. The fingerprint scanner has been shifted on the front just like upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 9. The phone looks premium as you will see a 3.mm headphone jack, USB-C port (fast charging) and intestinally, a microSD card is available to expand its onboard memory.
Moving towards Motorola Moto X5 display, there is a 5.9-inches Full HD+ IPS LCD “Max Vision” display which is being supported by 2160 x 1080 pixels resolution. Moreover, that display, with its 18:9 ratio provides a modern and elongated form factor helps you hold this device in a hand with ease.
The phone sports a dual 12MP + 5MP rear camera with a f/1.7 aperture. The dual rear lenses are being supported by some dazzling features including Dual Autofocus, Auto HDR, Portrait, Face Filters, and Panorama. On the other hand, there is an 8MP front-facing camera which is capable enough to capture images in low-light condition thanks to LED flash.
Comprised inside the G6 Plus is a 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor along with a 4GB of RAM. Motorola’s competitor Huawei comes up with a 2GB of RAM in its Huawei Honor 7A which is far smaller than Moto G6 Plus.
As far as Motorola Moto G6 Plus storage is concerned, the phone is equipped with a 64GB of onboard memory where the regular G6 has 32GB. There is a microSD card slot nevertheless for adding up to 128GB ore.
Motorola Moto G6 Plus’ 3200mAh battery is another strong point. Without a doubt, it’s a nice big battery which makes it effortless to end the day. Heavy users will be required to charge it again before going to bed.
As for software, the Moto G6 Plus opts for a near-stock installation of Android 8 Oreo.